Wednesday, March 21, 2007

From Guatemala With Love

It just occurred to me that I haven't posted any new art lately. I haven't been creating as much lately because I've been busy with my art marketing classes and recovering from recent surgery. But I thought y'all might enjoy seeing some of my older mosaic crosses and learning their "stories."

This series of 3 identical crosses is titled, "From Guatemala With Love."

I was asked by my client to create a unique Christmas gift for her children's grandparents. The client has adopted 3 beautiful little girls from Guatemala. She wanted the crosses to reflect the girls' Guatemalan heritage as well as the incredible amount of love the girls have brought into their family. Thus we chose the blue, white and bright yellow color scheme to reflect the colors in the Guatemalan flag. The 3 hearts on each cross symbolize the 3 girls. The ceramic hearts were hand made and painted a bright yellow by one of my wonderful vendors. The client was thrilled with the results and word has it that the grandparents love their unique crosses and their symbolism.

These mosaic crosses were completed Fall 2006. They are on flared, small (7.5" x 10") bases.

I hope to have new mosaic artwork to share next week.

In Him ~

Mary
www.marymakingdesigns.com

No comments: