Monday, March 19, 2007

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I've been working on updating the Cross Galleries on my website to make the pictures sharper and the pages cleaner and easier to navigate. It's a lot (that's for you Lori!) of work given that there are over 100 mosaic cross images displayed on my site.

But it's also like visiting with old friends in a comfortable, familiar place. Maybe that sounds odd. Let me explain.

I often say, "My crosses are my passion." Clearly, I love everything about creating my crosses (and other artwork too!). I love the symbolism of the cross. I love working with God and my client to create the perfect, unique cross for each client. I love choosing the materials. I love placing the beads, cutting the glass, piecing the design. I even love grouting. And finally, I love the awesome feeling of seeing the design come to fruition.

But it's more than that. Long after they have been sent to the client, each cross remains in my soul. I fondly recall each client I worked with, the give and take that goes with creating each unique design, the story behind each cross, what was happening in my life at the time, the completed cross . . . there are so many happy memories and associations with each mosaic cross I am blessed to create.

My crosses are an amazing, integral part of me. They are my passion. They bring me joy and awe no matter how many times I revisit their pictures. Not in a conceited way . . . but in a way that I know this is what God wants me to do.

May your life be filled with the same kind of passion.

In Him,

Mary
www.marymakingdesigns.com

P.S. The new Cross Galleries on my website should be complete in the next few days. I'll be sure to post and let you know when to check them out!

1 comment:

Tommy Thompson said...

Mary, I love your crosses, and I collect angels. I always give an angel to each of my two daughters for Christmas. I will be checking your blog around that time this year. We really had a good time in our class; enjoyed meeting so many cyber buddies. All the Best,
Marie