Sunday, October 22, 2006

Because My Mom Says So!

I am in the process of applying to be one of 50 Texas Original Artists selected by the Texas Arts Commission (see www.txoriginal.com). The application is pretty straight forward but I've been stuck on this question:

Please tell us why you should be chosen as one of 50 TxO artists.

I hate these types of questions because you have to toot your own horn . . . and I am not comfortable tooting my own horn.

I was talking to my mom about it last night and she told me to tell them, "You're good, your artwork is beautiful and your mom said they should pick you."

I wonder how that would go over. Something tells me that's not the answer they are looking for. Or maybe it is. Either way ~ it's nice to know that my mommy is still my biggest fan!

Keep your fingers crossed . . . say prayers . . . send positive wishes. I'll take anything I can get. This would be an amazing opportunity!

In Him ~
Mary

No comments: