Monday, April 23, 2007

Latest Mosaics

Just a quick "fly-by" post to share my latest mosaics. I'll include a brief description with each picture.

A Dove Cross. This mosaic was given by my client to a special friend for her birthday. The blue/green transparent and textured background really makes the iridescent white dove "pop." This is the first time I've used the background glass and I am so happy with the result. It's such a calm, peaceful color. The transparency and texture give it a water-like feel. It's very soothing. The cross is on my Small (7.5" x 10") cross base.

An interesting tidbit ~ the dove is my most requested cross design. I'll write more about the symbolism and significance of the dove in the future.

Pink Handpainted Daisy Heart Cross. A First Communion gift. The background is light, pastel pink. I have the hardest time photographing it. It's softer in person.



Letter "A" with Butterfly. This mosaic will be a baby gift. The colors and butterfly were chosen to match the baby's nursery. My Mosaic Letters are approximately 4" tall.



Flared Heart Cross with Brown Border & Iridescent Background. A wedding gift. The cross is made on my Smallest (4" x 6") cross base.


Apple Cross. This mosaic was commissioned as a graduation gift for my client's friend. I bet you can't guess what profession the friend is entering?! The order also includes custom designed notecards featuring this cross image. The cross is made on my Smallest (4" x 6") cross base.

I have also recently finished 2 larger crosses. I'll share 1 of them in my next entry. It's quite a departure from my "norm." I'm anxious to hear what y'all think! Check back soon.

In Him ~

Mary
www.marymakingdesigns.com

No comments: